Monday, February 02, 2004

Where have I been?

It’s been so long since I’ve been here to jot anything down. It’s been snowing for nearly two days as I write this but I think the end is near. We’ll have added 15” to our snow depth…bummer. I used to enjoy the snow but now that I’m no longer a kid out sledding or playing in it I’m not all that thrilled to see it. Okay, well maybe when I can plan to be home with a glass of wine, a fire in the fireplace and a movie to watch with my family…then I don’t mind so much.

Speaking of watching a movie…I put in a surround sound system in our family room last week. It’s very nice. My brother
Keith who has a cabinet shop made an entertainment center for all the components. He did a super job on it too. I went to Best Buy and bought the Klipsh Quintet system with a Yamaha receiver. I can now find another home for my ever faithful Bose 501 speakers which I got in ’79 while in the Navy.

Time to pack up my stuff and get my butt home to clear some snow.